Facts and figures
- Special event support for His Majesty the Prince of Wales visit
- Restored and clean the historic memorial and grave of Boots’ founder
- TUPE transferred and inducted 1,200 people across 1,000 sites within 60 days
- Finalists in Human Capital Awards 2006 and Golden Service Awards 2009
A world-class service
Over the last six years, Alliance Boots and Interserve have built a successful partnership. By effectively supporting Alliance Boots in their retail and office operations and understanding their vision to be a world-class health and beauty retailer, Interserve has improved efficiencies for the high street chain, saving costs and improving standards.
- Sustainable store cleaning
- Industrial warehouse cleaning
- Production cleaning
- Specialised cleaning of pharmaceutical process areas
- Office and carpet cleaning
- Window cleaning and maintenance
- Garden and grounds maintenance
- Building fabric maintenance
- Postal and courier service
- Workspace management
- Office services
- Catering and vending services
Originally providing cleaning to just 360 stores, Interserve has expanded the contract within six years to provide all Alliance Boot’s total facilities management services. This expanded scope encompasses airport stores, two distribution centres, a retail store portfolio of 1,300 stores in the UK and a further 100 in Ireland, as well as eight office locations, including Boot’s head office in Beeston, Nottingham – a site covering over 300 acres including offices, warehouses, distribution centres and conference facilities.
In partnership with Alliance Boots, Interserve evaluated working procedures within the business, identifying areas where they could potentially improve productivity and service delivery, driving value and striving to achieve significant cost savings across the operation’s office estate, as well as implementing a range of added-value initiatives to the working environment.
Interserve has refocused facilities management service delivery around the needs of staff and visitors. This approach will achieve significant cost savings, improve customer service, enhance the working environment and ensure that all services continually evolve to meet the client’s needs in a consistent and standardised manner.
Since 2006, Interserve has also achieved a £1.5 million saving through improved productivity and operational efficiencies for Alliance Boots offices and a £4.5 million saving in their retail outlets.