Facts and figures
- Achieved £1.5 million of efficiency savings
- Received five Gold RoSPA Awards and PAS 99 accreditation in 2010, and in 2011 a Gold RoSPA Award for Cwmbran Shopping Centre
- Love Cambridge Shopping Award 2011 for "Contribution to Reducing the City's Carbon Footprint" at The Grafton Centre
- Shortlisted for the SCEPTRE awards Environmental Management Team
- Find out why Shopping Centre magazine believes Interserve's customer service approach is crucial to Manchester Arndale's success
A marriage of convergence
In 2006 Interserve and PRUPIM established a groundbreaking convergence partnership, where both partners work together to manage and deliver facilities and retail services to 11 major shopping centres across the UK.
The mobilisation saw 670 employees transferred under TUPE from 70 contractors, 400 hours of on-site training delivered and 29 presentations given on culture and service delivery.
Through standardisation of processes and cultures across the centres, multi-skilling employees, reducing waste to landfill and savings through economies of scale, this convergence partnership has achieved £1.5 million of savings for PRUPIM and achieved PAS 99 accreditation across the portfolio.
At The Mall at Cribbs Causeway, with its 135 stores and 7,000 car parking spaces Interserve has:
- Developed a web-based asset and task management system - mapping 9 million tasks across the centre
- Accredited 12 Community Support Accreditation Scheme Offices to support the local community
- Achieved a CO2 reduction of 30 per cent, through achieving 60 per cent waste recycling levels, reducing water consumption by 25 per cent, gas by 29 per cent and electricity consumption by 23 per cent
Whilst at the 1.4 million square feet Manchester Arndale, which sees over 37 million visitors a year, Interserve has:
- Developed PASSION, a customer service focused team working together to support the centre and retailers alike
- Achieved a 58 per cent recycling level, with 346 per cent increase in cardboard being baled, and 100 per cent of food waste being recycled
- Operate the Manchester Arndale Career Centre, advertising 2,500 jobs, receiving 1,400 applicants per month sand placing 50 per cent of retail employees across 240 stores
- Supported the realisation of a 39 per cent increase in footfall since 2004, year on year visitors increased by 9.7 per cent in 2009 and 7.6 per cent increase in sales in 2009
We have also been involved in the following projects:
Strip-out of Woolworths store, Cwmbran
In August 2010, Interserve also completed the strip-out of and old Woolworths store in Cwmbran. The £0.3 million-contact involved stripping out internal fittings, fixtures, services and internal walls at the Woolworths store we constructed as part of the first-phase contract at Cwmbran Shopping Centre in the early 2000's. The building was handed back to the client as a shell with escalators, lifts and lift shafts also removed.
Marks and Spencer refurbishment and extension, Withybush Retail Park, Haverfordwest
PRUPIM awarded Interserve the £1.4 million-contract to refurbish and extend a unit for Marks and Spencer at Withybush Retail Park, Haverfordwest. The contract included the strip out of the existing building, re-cladding works and the construction of a mezzanine floor with two small extensions to the front and rear, which are utilised as a café and storage. This project, completed in June 2010, is the latest in a series of contracts awarded to us to redevelop this Retail Park.