By joining forces with PAE to form Landmarc, we’ve been enabling safe and sustainable operational military training across the Ministry of Defence’s national training estate for more than a decade.
Nationally, the estate comprises some 240,000 hectares of built and rural land, over 120 sites, and more than 12,000 buildings.
Supporting 7.5 million man training days per year, Landmarc delivers all the services required to ensure that military units undertaking training are successfully booked-in, accommodated, fed, re-fuelled and provided with safe and functional training facilities throughout their stay.
- Built and rural estate management
- Land management
- Range and training area management
- Targetry maintenance
- Office and accommodation services
- Vehicle maintenance
In 2007, the contract won the Premises and Facilities Management Multi Services Category and Overall PFM Partnership Award as well as a BIFM award for delivering a refurbishment project which, in partnership with the Carbon Trust, transformed four basic accommodation blocks into energy-efficient homes for new recruits.
In 2009, an MOD Sanctuary Sustainability Project Award was awarded for an innovative replacement heating system for accommodation blocks in the South East. A ground source heat pump uses a vertical bore hole as the underground heat source and is delivering a 60% reduction in carbon emissions and significant cost savings over time.
In 2010, Landmarc won the prestigious BIFM Judges' Special Recognition Award for creating a ground-breaking military training facility that authentically replicates the conditions of the Middle East within the depths of Norfolk.
In 2013, Landmarc was a finalist in the Social Enterprise UK awards for its work with social enterprises and rural communities.
- 1,300 skilled and experienced people including estate managers, range wardens, maintenance technicians, foresters, nature conservationists, targetry technicians and administration teams
- 51 per cent of Landmarc's supply chain comprises SMEs and social enterprises
- Landmarc is one of very few companies to achieve BS11000
- Supporting and maintaining over 12,000 items of targetry worldwide
- Serving 7 million meals per year
For more stories and successes visit www.landmarcsolutions.com.