Our design and build experience offers intelligent solutions with collaborative approaches to the challenges our customers face. The earlier we can be involved will achieve the greatest benefits for your projects. Safety and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do.
Enabling and temporary works
Our in-house professionally qualified Technical Services team provides optimum solutions to the challenges each project can bring. These have included bridge slides, on-site pre-casting of bridge decks transporting into position on multi-axled transporters, piling frames, design/installation & removal - from access scaffold to heavy duty support steelwork, jacking of motorways, viaduct deck bearing remedials and replacements, hydro-demolition, welding reinforcement and structural monitoring to name a few.
- Ground anchors, soil nails and rock bolts
- Gabion baskets, mattresses
- Reinforced earth retaining walls
- Mine and shaft infilling
- Lime stabilisation
- CFA, rotary bored and tripod rig
- Pre-cast driven and stone column
- Steel – sheet, tubular (top and bottom driven), H & I column, UBP, UC
Highways and bridges
Our considerable experience in major projects and maintenance of both highways and structures encompasses both stand-alone and framework contracts. Our knowledge of the statutory processes enables us to play a key role in supporting our clients team at public inquiries, both in their preparation and with staff acting as expert witness.
We have specialist in-house capabilities for:
- Traffic management and are accredited for National Highways Sector Schemes 12A/B, 12C & 12D (Local Authorities roads)
- Structural Steelwork – Register of Qualified Steelwork Contractors
Reinforced Concrete designs to meet current standards in your sector, with on-site, NAMAS-accredited (National Accreditation of Measurement and Sampling) concrete-testing facilities where appropriate. Concrete pours using mix designs that ensure outputs are met and strengths achieved, using development trials with suppliers to add value. On-site batching for large volumes of in-situ slip-forming, pre-casting or where opportunity exists.
Airports and Airfields
With experience of taxiways, hardstandings, hangars and runway works, Interserve offer safe solutions to your challenges. T5 was subsequently built using a similar proven system to that employed by Interserve on the BA/Virgin Atlantic hangar at Heathrow Airport. For speed of delivery and enhanced safety Interserve built the hangar roof at ground level and jacked into position, early proof of our Ingenuity at Work.
From industrial framed and clad to high specification state of the art, Interserve has the experience and successful track record for the design and construction of buildings. We utilise standardisation, off-site pre-casting and modularisation where opportunity presents. Our customers may then wish to source their facilities management with Interserve.
Energy and Utilities
- Interserve provides a broad range of services through each stage of the asset lifecycle from consultancy and equity investment, design and construction of facilities to maintaining operational environments.
- Interserve, through its major construction projects both in the UK and internationally, has gained the expertise required to successfully deliver complex projects in the energy sector.
- Our experience covers works to overhead high voltage 400kv and underground power transmission and distribution cabling to complete 400kv Gas Insulated Switchgear substation solutions and general network support.
Marine and River works
With in excess of 100 years experience in the in-shore Marine sector, Interserve offer proven procedures relating to all aspects of safety, quality and environmental management in marine and river locations. Our recent experience includes building river diversions, embankment protection, culverts, dams and jetty works. In-house plant and equipment includes demountable jack-leg crane barge, safety boats and much more.
Solid Waste Treatment
With consortia partners, Interserve engineer, procure and construct new solid waste treatment facilities with CHP options and surplus feedback to the grid.
Water and Wastewater
Experts in the design and construction of wastewater and water treatment plants, utilising our in-house mechanical, electrical, ICA and process engineers
We carry out major refurbishment works to for motorway and railway structures, the majority under demanding technical and logistical constraints.
We have experience of working on nuclear, coal, CCGT (combined cycle gas turbine) and energy-from-waste (EfW) power stations and have successfully completed a variety of design and construct projects for building, infrastructure and maintenance works.