At the Annual General Meeting of Interserve Plc held at 10.30am on 10 May 2016 at the offices of Ashurst LLP, Broadwalk House, 5 Appold Street, London EC2A 2HA, all resolutions as set out in the Notice of Annual General Meeting dated 24 March 2016, with the exception of Resolution 5 (as explained in Note 1 below), were passed on a poll. The number of votes for and against each of the resolutions, and the number of votes withheld, are set out below:
Notes to the disclosure: * Special resolutions are indicated by an asterisk.
1. Resolution 5 relating to the re-election of Mr S L Dance was not proposed to shareholders following Mr Dance’s decision to stand down from the Board on 4 May 2016.
2. The issued share capital as at the date of the AGM was 145,714,120 ordinary shares of 10p each.
3. The total number of votes cast was 97,821,582 which represents 67.13 per cent of the issued share capital.
4. A vote withheld is not a vote in law and is not counted in the calculation of the proportion of votes for or against a resolution.
5. It should be noted that the appointment of a proxy is not an unequivocally precise indicator of the way that the shareholder would have voted on a poll, it merely reflects their intention at the time the instruction was given. Voting instructions can be changed any any time prior to a poll being demanded, and a shareholder, having lodged a proxy, is still entitled to attend the meeting and having heard/participated in the debate, vote their shares themselves as they see fit.