Interserve is a major UK constructor and, through our associate companies in the UAE, Oman, India and Qatar, one of the largest constructors in the Middle East.
We combine our ability to undertake significant strategic projects with a strong regional presence, maintained through a long-established office network firmly embedded within local communities from Scotland to Cornwall.
We have the capacity to deliver anything from small works through to complex and high profile projects of up to £150 million in value, whether one-off iconic buildings, projects within sensitive and specialist environments or rolling programmes of work at multiple locations.
Partnerships and framework agreements represent over 85 per cent of our construction activity. Our expertise lies in our management skills, whether at a strategic or tactical level. We:
- Control costs
- Manage and develop the design process
- Maintain over the long term
Bringing a culture of innovation and creativity, supply-chain management expertise and commitment to continuous improvement in all project stages.
Project and cost management
- Comprehensive project management service covering all aspects of the asset life cycle, from design development and management, through procurement into construction, maintenance and on-going operation.
- Experienced in management of all types and size of project with particular expertise in the management of framework projects at multiple locations, including working in remote locations in the UK and overseas.
- Expert in the creation and management of supply-chain partnerships to deliver, through shared knowledge and learning, exceptional added value
- Cost-management experience at all project stages including value management and value engineering expertise at development and design phases where cost savings and functionality can both be maximised.
- We support the use of an open-book, collaborative approach to cost management.
Planning and programming
We have particular skills at the front end of the project life cycle. We employ specialists in quality management, project planning, value management, value engineering and risk management to ensure that our end product meets and exceeds client expectations.
Our standard procedure for planning and managing a project defines operational requirements clearly for:
- Communication platforms
- Roles and responsibilities
- Performance criteria
- Problem resolution
Our expertise in lean delivery and "just in time" construction methods is integral to the way we programme projects and to the successful outcomes we deliver. Our "right first time culture" is enabled by solid, well-tried processes and ensures that our planning and control services deliver excellent, value-for-money results.
In addition to the skills within our regional offices, our primary design office based in Birmingham offers an experienced, multi-disciplinary team of professionally- and technically-qualified staff including chartered civil engineers, building surveyors and architectural technicians.
Our team of dedicated AutoCAD Technicians are supported by the latest software in producing building details, general arrangements, sections, plans and elevations for statutory submission, leasing and legal documentation, pricing and building. We can also provide high quality 3D-rendered images and produce presentation-quality prints on high-speed printers and plotters.
We are experienced in delivering high-volume, time-critical work programmes throughout the UK for clients such as Vodafone, Mapeley, BT and the BBC.
We can deliver one-off refurbishment/re-fit schemes or multiple projects under national and regional frameworks, including rolling programmes stretching the length and breadth of the UK.
- Experienced, capable regional teams in place to deliver nationwide.
- Understanding of issues associated with working in live, often highly-sensitive, environments for clients such as BT, the BBC, Defence Estates and Ministry of Justice.
- Manage complex logistics and significant coordination within demanding time frames.
- Focus remains on maintaining business as usual – business-critical project delivery.
- Culture of collaboration and stakeholder interaction: become part of client's team, understand users' concerns and needs, recognise the impact of works on client's core business.
- Strength in established supply chains with a track record of working together to enable learning to be fed back into subsequent projects and to drive continuous improvement.
We are proud of our track record through which, over many years, we have developed our relationships to become a long-term framework partner with major public and private clients, nationally and regionally, in multiple sectors and in every part of the UK.
Frameworks and strategic alliances account for over 85 per cent of our turnover. Some of our national frameworks:
- Department for Work & Pensions
- Home Office
- NHS ProCure21 for the Department of Health
- Designed for Life for Welsh Health Estates
- Health Frameworks Scotland
- Mapeley (HM Revenue & Customs)
- Ministry of Justice
- Partnerships for Schools
Our national frameworks team provides a one-stop shop for framework management – it is a centre of excellence, where knowledge and learning is shared through collaborative working to provide innovative, tailored solutions delivering exceptional value for money.
Interserve is experienced in tackling complex, challenging projects for blue-chip and major public-sector clients across all sectors. We have the flexibility and expertise to offer a comprehensive range of services through a variety of contract types:
- Design and build
- Private Finance Initiative
We have capacity throughout the UK to deliver multi-million-pound landmark buildings as well as projects under long-term frameworks and strategic alliances, including:
- Custodial facilities
- Building Schools for the Future
- Major healthcare buildings under ProCure21, Designed for Life and Health Frameworks Scotland
- Prime Contracts within the defence sector
We focus on collaborative working, where an innovative and creative approach over the long term delivers sustainable, value-engineered and efficient results.
We thrive on our reputation for leading the way. Our commitment to safe, healthy and sustainable continuous improvement is led by a skilled management team, flexible in its approach and open in its culture - resulting in a high level of repeat business.
Maintenance and aftercare
We undertake all aspects of building maintenance: planned, cyclical and reactive. This may be under PFI contracts, as part of a whole-life solution, or under frameworks and measured term contracts, where we have long-term arrangements with leading private and public sector clients.
Dedicated teams based at strategically located regional offices offer a range of maintenance services to local clients.
Our services are attuned to clients’ specific requirements, so our specialist teams may work from our offices or be based within client premises working in close partnership with in-house personnel.
A responsive, efficient and flexible service ensures we safely maintain business as usual. This has earned us a reputation for effective delivery, particularly in challenging and sensitive operational environments.
Interserve operates a network of regional offices in key locations across the UK, delivering projects from Scotland to Cornwall. Each office has the flexibility and expertise to offer a comprehensive range of building and refurbishment services.
Employing local people offers real understanding and insight into local issues. We base our service on strong ties with surrounding communities and a commitment to using local resources wherever possible.
We can undertake anything from small works, maintenance, refurbishment and re-fit schemes to multi-million-pound new build projects. Our regional teams have the capability to deliver on a stand-alone basis or in high-volume/low-value programmes of work.
We are highly experienced in both national and regional framework agreements. With national agreements our central frameworks team co-ordinates to ensure that our regional offices all deliver their portion of the work to the same high, consistent standard.