This course is intended for people who have to deal with HR issues, shoplifters, young people, discipline procedures and any other areas where an understanding of PACE is required.
- Define the Terms Arrest and Indictable Offences
- Explain the Powers of Arrest under PACE
- State the Definition of Theft and Other Legal Definitions that Security Officers are Required to Understand
- Explain the Term ‘Use of Reasonable Force’
- Explain the Law Relating to Powers of Arrest and When to Use Them
- Explain the Actions That Must be Taken Following an Arrest
- Explain the Different Categories of Evidence
- Describe the Procedure for Court Attendance, Pocket Note Books, Report Writing and Disclosure of Material
- Explain the Laws of Trespass and the Procedures
Aims and Objectives:
Understanding the legislation relevant to people working in the private security industry, identify the differences between civil and criminal law, identify aspects of human rights legislation that are relevant to the private security industry, state the data protection principles outlined in data protection legislation. Describe types of discrimination that can occur in the workplace, identify how equal opportunities legislation applies in the workplace.
Course Duration: 1 day
Maximum Participants: 12
Location: Flexible - our venue, your premises
Certification: Open certificate