Experts in fire training.
Fire safety and awareness training is a legal requirement for all staff. Interserve can provide fire safety courses for all of your employees, delivered at the site where they work, with programmes to suit your business.
Our professional training team has many years of fire safety experience in training around the practical use of fire extinguishers and live-fire demonstration. Our on-site fire safety courses can be run on your premises, whether a small business, charitable organisation or multi-national company:
- No travel costs for your business
- Courses tailored to your specific needs and fire risks
- Company policies and procedures included
- Interactive training approach - combining theory with practical exercises
Fire safety awareness
Suitable for all employees.
By the end of the course, delegates will:
- be aware of the key legislation relating to fire safety
- know how to minimise the risk of fire
- know what the ‘Fire Triangle’ is
- broadly know about fire detection and warning systems and how to use and react to them
- understand the key factors relating to evacuation in the event of fire
- know about the types of fire that can develop and what types of extinguisher can be used on them
- have hands-on experience discharging a fire extinguisher
Course duration: approximately 3 hours.
Fire warden or marshal training
Many businesses will need fire marshals/wardens who will require additional training in order to perform their role effectively. To support this we are able to offer courses that cover general fire safety and, in addition, give trainees a comprehensive understanding of the responsibilities the role of fire warden carries.
Course duration: 4 hours.
Practical use of a fire extinguisher
- Fire extinguisher identification
- Different types of fire
- Fire extinguisher features
- The use of fire extinguishers
- Practical demonstrations and training
All of our on-site courses give the opportunity for trainees to have hands-on experience of handling fire extinguishers. The benefits of practical training are immeasurable, helping to develop confidence to deal with a live-fire situation.
We offer a full e-learning course approved by the Institution of Fire Engineers and delivered remotely to minimise disruption and cost. Our Basic Fire Safety course is aimed at all employees to assist them in identifying and reducing the risk that fire presents in the workplace. Accredited by the Institution of Fire Engineers, it is delivered via any internet-connected computer screen, minimising cost and disruption to your business whilst ensuring full compliance. With its combination of animated video content and the presence of a tutor it has been proven to form a very effective and engaging virtual learning environment. It includes modules in the chemistry of fire, common causes of fire, safety features within buildings, fire extinguishers, and what to do if a fire occurs.